Mark Your Calendars!

Calling all christian film supporters! April 13th-18th The Widow's Might is coming to a theater near you. The Widow's Might was the winner of the 2009 San Antonio Christian Film Festival. This movie was written and directed by 19 year-old John Moore from Kaufman, Texas. I had the chance to view this movie with some friends a while ago and I thought it was very well done. If you do go see this movie, (and I encourage you to), do not do what I have a tendency to do: Expect Hollywood technology and acting. Don't get me wrong! The movie was fantastic! But if you don't go in with really high expectations, you will like it even more.

Plot:
Let me explain...no, there is too much...let me sum up(I can't remember all of the movie). A young man is trying to enter a prize-winning movie into a film-maker's contest. He is inspired by a widow, and the (unfair)taxation of her land. When he decides to base the movie around her situation, a young news reporter, in direct competition with him, is out to hurt his name and give him a bad reputation. Despite being talked bad about and accused of leading a religious sect, he rallies his community's support and conquers his own doubt, to make the movie a success.

My Review:
While this is not flashy, in-your-face, high technology (which I don't like), it is very well made. The sets are beautiful, the cinematography is great, the acting is better than normal(for low-budget films), and the plots are original.

So, if you believe in supporting encouraging young, christian film makers, to give us the family-friendly movies you want, go and support this movie!

Links:
The Widow's Might Website
John Moore's blog
Find where this movie will be playing near you (this make take a few moments)

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Welcome!

Welcome to The King's Library! The purpose of this blog is to discuss the books and the music I play (on guitar) fior the glory of my King, Jesus Christ. I hope you are inspired and I pray that God will work through this blog for the furthering of His Kingdom.
God Bless,
Selah

Recent Comments